Local festival season is near – hello, Summer Solstice and Spanish Days Fiesta! The upcoming months are the gateway to summertime fun in Santa Barbara, and Alma del Pueblo is a prime spot to enjoy the festivities within walking distance!
Here are 5 upcoming events you won’t want to miss:
1. “La Cenerentola” from the New York Metropolitan Opera
The Arlington Theater presents a live feed of the New York Metropolitan Opera’s production of “La Cenerentola,” Rossini’s variation on the traditional Cinderella story. With last week’s nearly unprecedented encore for the leading tenor, this production might have you throwing flowers toward the Arlington’s screen. May 10, 2014 9:55 am.
2. Lotusland’s Enemy of the Average is a multimedia installation showcasing archival photos, films, recordings and personal belongings of Madam Ganna Walska’s, providing visitors a peek into her unique life and eccentric character. Ganna Walska Lotusland, 695 Ashley Road 805-969-9990, March 1 – May 17, 2014
3. Grammy Award-winner and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, James Taylor, along with his all-star band are playing at our own tucked away, open-air amphitheater, the Santa Barbara Bowl on Wednesday, June 4 at the Santa Barbara Bowl. Tickets go on sale Friday, March 7 at 10 AM and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster outlets.
4. Santa Barbara Studio Artists Tour 2014 takes place on August 23rd and 24th from 11am-5pm, offering a rare glimpse inside the studios of Santa Barbara’s leading professional artists. While driving from Carpinteria to Goleta, from Lompoc to the sea, some 40 studios will be open for you during this visually exciting two days. Exchange your online ticket for a Tour Pass and Map at the Opening Artists’ Reception, or, at the Gallery or at any participating artist during the Tour.
5. On May 1st, you won’t want to miss dropping by the massive treasure trove of vintage items and estate sale finds at the Music Academy of the West, including books, fine linens, antiques and silver. All sales benefit Music Academy of the West’s full-scholarship fund. 1070 Fairway Rd. 805/969-4726
To learn more about Alma del Pueblo and its condominiums for sale, register here or make an appointment to visit our sales office – by calling 805-845-4393. And join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we share the latest news and events from our community.