(David Sedaris, courtesy Creative Commons)
Winter in Santa Barbara is a great time to wind down from the holidays and get fully immersed in the City’s rich cultural scene. Here are five fabulous events coming up – all but one within walking distance from Alma del Pueblo!
1. Humorist David Sedaris, presented by UCSB Arts & Lectures at the Arlington Theatre. One of the funniest and most thought-provoking people alive, Sedaris penned the New York Times Best Seller When You are Engulfed in Flames (2004), 2010’s Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary, and Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls in 2013. February 28th
2. Calder Quartet at the Music Academy of the West’s Hahn Hall The Calder Quartet is best known for its musical curiosity through explorations from Beethoven, Mozart, Haydn to even indie rock. The LA Times tout the esteemed quartet as one of “America’s most satisfying – and most enterprising – quartets.” February 20th
3. The Santa Barbara Centre for Aerial Arts presents its 2014 Contemporary Floor to Air Festival. Take lessons from aerial pioneers, attend a performance with eight professional companies from around the world and enjoy a non-competitive opportunity to dance (and party!) with international talent at venues including the Lobero, so people of all ages can join the fun! The festival kicks off on February 23rd and running through March 2nd
4. Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara “Almost Anything Goes: Architecture and Inclusivity” Alma del Pueblo is fortunate to be so close to numerous cultural gems, including the MCASB. “Almost Anything Goes” includes work from Zack Paul, a Santa Barbara-based artist who mixes design, collage, sculpture and interior decoration to shift MCASB visitors’ perspective. Now through April 13th
5. For the first time, World of Pinot Noir (begun in 2001) is coming to Santa Barbara. Two days of wine-related fun, with seminars, tastings, and plenty of gourmet pairings – all taking place at the stunning Bacara Resort & Spa. Santa Barbara Country wineries and winemakers from across the world will celebrate all things pinot noir through lunch, dinner, movies and galas with an impressive panel of renowned sommeliers. February 28th – March 1st
To learn more about Alma del Pueblo and its condominiums for sale, register here or visit our sales office – 1321 State Street (805-845-4393), open Thursdays, 10-2 and Fridays through Sundays, 12-5. And join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we share the latest news and events from our community.