(Pink Martini, photo: Bruce Tuten)
Shorter days are just around the corner but that’s no reason to miss out on an abundance of performing arts, entertainment and fun events in Santa Barbara. Alma del Pueblo has compiled a select list to keep your evenings lively this fall.
1. Green Drinks at the Environmental Defense Center This month’s special guest for the recurring, sustainability-themed mixer is Marge Cafarelli, discussing her vision for the Santa Barbara Public Market. LoaTree presents the evening, with all proceeds benefiting the SOL Food Festival. September 17
2. UCSB Arts and Lectures presents the Alonzo King LINES Ballet at the Granada Theater The world-renowned contemporary ballet company will take your breath away with two pieces, “Meyer” and “Resin.” Dance critic Allen Ulrich says of LINES’ dances “they seem to inhabit a sphere beyond … a remarkable experience.” October 2
3. Wagner, Percussion and Space The Santa Barbara Symphony season opens with the epic and gripping “Tannhauser Overture,” followed by a witty Percussion Concerto from Grammy and Pulitzer Prize winning composer Christopher Rouse. October 12 & 13
4. One Radio Host, Two Dancers Yes, you guessed it! Our favorite radio host and creator of This American Life, Ira Glass, on stage with two dancers for a night of captivating storytelling, live music and performances by choreographer Monica Bill Barnes & Company. October 19
5. Opera Santa Barbara presents the timeless classic Tosca by Giacomo Puccini, a bracing tale of love and betrayal. This beloved opera features some of Puccini’s most beautiful and passionate music. November 8 & 10
6. Pink Martini: Special Holiday Show Ready to be entertained in a variety of musical styles, including Brazilian bossa-nova, Afro-Cuban salsa and French chanson? This eclectic ensemble has been keeping audiences grooving for over a decade. Get in on their holiday fun at the Arlington Theatre on December 5
To learn more about Alma del Pueblo and its condominiums for sale, register here or visit our sales office – 1321 State Street (805-845-4393), open Thursdays, 10-2 and Fridays through Sundays, 12-5. And join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we share the latest news and events from our community.