(HEART, photo courtesy of Greg in Hollywood)
While there are fun and fabulous events and attractions in Santa Barbara year-round, summer is the season when our city really dazzles. And it can be dizzying.
To help you choose, we’ve highlighted a few gems that might find their way into your summer plans. While far from comprehensive, our list highlights the eclectic variety of things to do near Alma del Pueblo.
1. Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum presents THINGS THAT TURN YOUR BRAINS TO MUSH, a collaboration of seven artists who share a curiosity and desire to explore human behavior, technology and language. Recurring daily through June 16 – catch it soon.
2. Summer Solstice Parade You’ve never been? Well, it’s about time you checked it out. The Solstice Parade & Festival attract over 100,000 visitors each year to enjoy three days of food, local art vendors, live music, dancing, whimsical costumes, giant puppets, parade floats and merrymaking all weekend long. Celebrate summer Santa Barbara style! June 21, 22 and 23.
3. Heart at the Santa Barbara Bowl Yes, Nancy and Ann are still rockin’. And if the Wilson sisters aren’t enough to get you to the Bowl, the opening band is Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience. Fronted by the son of original drummer John Bonham, the pedigree of this band is top notch. August 27.
4. The 10th Annual California Wine Festival is the largest festival of its kind in California and a great excuse to be outside in the fresh ocean breeze and enjoy delicious food and wines from wineries across the state. July 18, 19 and 20.
5. Music Academy of the West Summer Festival 2013 Boasting almost daily programs of classical music performances, Music Academy of the West pairs top students with professional musicians and special guests in venues across the city. The 66th festival kicks off on June 17th with solo piano performances at Hahn Hall. Alma del Pueblo’s leader, Marge Cafarelli, was so wowed by these promising young artists that she joined the Academy’s board. Shows continue through August 10.
To learn more about Alma del Pueblo, register here or visit our sales office – 1321 State Street (805-845-4393), Thu-Sun, 12-5. And join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we share the latest news and events of what’s going on in our community.