Alice Waters on April 27 (photo courtesy David Sifry)
Overwhelmed by the bounty of fabulous things to see and do in our fine city during April? Alma del Pueblo has you covered. Not a comprehensive list, to be sure, but let us recommend a few highlights of the month.
1. Ensemble Theatre Company presents “The Year of Magical Thinking” April 4th through 21st. Adapted from her memoir, for the stage by Joan Didion.
2. Camerata Pacifica at Music Academy of the West on Friday, April 12 at 1 PM and 7:30 PM. Performing a classic string program, including pieces by Mozart, Beethoven and Schubert. Don’t miss this talented ensemble.
3. Alvin Ailey at the Arlington. A great opportunity to witness the electrifying and soulful dance ensemble that the New York Times calls, “athletic masters of the universe.” Saturday and Sunday, April 13 and 14. Presented by UCSB Arts & Lectures Series.
4. The Community Environmental Council’s Earth Day Festival in Santa Barbara. One of the city’s most beloved events, for an important cause. Celebrate Mother Earth with our whole city on April 20th and 21st.
5. An Evening with Alice Waters. Don’t pass up this opportunity to hear from the mother of California cuisine and founder of Chez Panisse. Saturday, April 27 at 8 PM at UCSB Campbell Hall. Presented by the UCSB Alumni Association and UCSB Arts & Lectures.
Another fabulous thing to do in April – stop by the Alma del Pueblo sales office at 1321 State Street (805 845 4393), Wed-Sun, 12-5. And join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter as we share the latest news, events and glimpses of what’s going on at Alma del Pueblo.